This newly created position will play a pivotal role in achieving a positive wellbeing and safety culture through providing a safe working environment and a focus on wellbeing of the workforce across all WSSSA sites. You will have the opportunity to provide operational support in all WHS and wellbeing related matters, as well as contribute expertise towards the development of WHS systems, processes and frameworks.
What you will do:
- Act as a key contact for internal stakeholders, providing coaching, advice and support on WHS regulations, legislation, policies & procedures;
- Review, update and implement WHS policies, procedures and related documentation in line with relevant legislation;
- Proactively identify risks, manage hazards, and investigate incidents;
- Facilitate WHS and wellbeing training & development across the organisation
- Make recommendations, develop and implement wellness programs & initiatives;
- Perform WHS related administration, including SharePoint site administration.
Applications are encouraged from appropriately qualified professionals with demonstrated experience in implementing contemporary wellbeing, health and safety practices. The successful candidate will be positive by nature, and focussed on improving and streamlining processes across the organisation. Candidates must demonstrate highly developed influencing, consultation and collaboration skills, superior communication skills and a genuine ability to engage stakeholders. Strong working knowledge of the Work Health and Safety Act is important, as is the ability to work autonomously but collaboratively with the wider People & Culture team.
This role is being offered at 0.6FTE and provides an outstanding opportunity for a WHS professional seeking flexibility, whilst contributing to this worthy organisation.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a DHS, National Police Clearance, and must have a full drivers licence.
Please note, to apply for this role or request a copy of the position description, please visit the Hender Consulting website at henderconsulting.com.au.
Applications must contain a cover letter & resume, and should be addressed to Justin Hinora. For a confidential discussion, please call Justin or Lucy Dinnison-Mitchell on (08) 8100 8830.