We are currently seeking an experienced Domestic Violence Case Manger on a permanent, full time basis. The position is based at our Eastern suburbs site and will be responsible for contributing to alleviating the effects of domestic and family violence experienced by women and children through the provision of both crisis intervention and case management services.
Reporting to the Program Manager you will be team focused and involved with coordinated approaches to service delivery across key stakeholder groups. You will also need to be available for rostered out of hours on call duties.
Key accountabilities of the role will include:
- Understanding of contemporary gender issues pertinent to women’s and children’s health and wellbeing.
- Understanding of systems and navigation of systems that facilitates quality outcomes for women and their children.
- An understanding of social justice principles.
- Ability to prioritise competing needs and demands of clients.
- Commitment to a collaborative, proactive and strengths based approach to casework.
- Interpersonal and relationship development skills.
We are looking for someone with a passion for and experience of working with women and children affected by domestic and/or family violence.
The following are essential for this role:
- A Degree or Diploma in Social Work, Social Sciences, Community Services, Human Services, Health Sciences and /or experience commensurate with the position.
- Significant knowledge and experience in the provision of case management responses and casework interventions.
- Sound knowledge and experience in crisis intervention.
- Knowledge of the particular needs of women and children affected by domestic and/or family violence.
- Demonstrated empathy and the ability to build relationships with a diverse range of marginalised and highly vulnerable people including ATSI and CALD.
- Ability to promote and implement quality service responses, which are underpinned and informed by Women’s Safety Service SA values and delivery model.
Benefits of joining WSSSA
- Full time, permanent position
- Eastern suburbs location with onsite car parking
- Salary sacrifice options available
- Enjoy wellbeing initiatives such as Bring Your Pet to Work and free flu shots
Applications must include a resume and cover letter, briefly addressing the selection criteria within the Postion Description which can be found HERE
- Hold a current full drivers licence
- Current or eligible for DHS Working with Children check and National Police Clearance
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 31 May 2020