1800 RESPECT, a program provided by Women’s Safety Services SA (WSSSA), in partnership with Medibank Health Solutions and other interstate services, is a National telephone and online counselling service for those whose lives have been affected by domestic, family and/or sexual violence. This confidential service is available 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
We have several opportunities available for trauma practitioners who are seeking full or part time shift work, predominately in the evening and overnight space (minimum 3 shifts per week). Specialist Trauma Counsellors provide therapeutic services for people seeking telephone support throughout Australia.
Key accountabilities of the role will include
- Assess and expertly deliver appropriate trauma informed counselling services
- Adhere to telephone-based counselling framework
- Participate in a regular shift arrangement to ensure 24/7 national coverage
- Formally escalate identified issues and clinical risks as appropriate
With the ability to work in a fast paced and high demanding work environment, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in counselling, psychology, social work, behavioural sciences or a related field (essential)
- Experience working with survivors of sexual assault, domestic/family violence and the provision of Trauma informed counselling
- Understanding of Federal and State and Child based protection legislation relevant to service delivery.
- Exceptional communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of cultural and social groups.
- The ability to adapt your service dependant on the individuals needs
- Previous experience of the delivery of counselling over the phone would be advantageous
Benefits of joining WSSSA
- SCHADS Level 5 award
- 12-15% shift loading for certain late afternoon and overnight shifts
- Salary sacrifice options available
- Enjoy wellbeing initiatives such as Bring Your Pet to Work and free flu shots
Applications must include a resume and cover letter, briefly addressing the selection criteria within the Position Description, which can be found HERE
- Hold a current full drivers licence
- Current or eligible for DHS Working with Children check and National Police Clearance
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 9 August 2020
WSSSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to building our strengths through a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants, applicants of culturally diverse backgrounds, those with disability, and gender diverse applicants are strongly encouraged apply.