Applications are sought for the newly created position of Finance & Systems Team Leader, within our Shared Services team. Reporting to the General Manager, Shared Services, you will be responsible for high level accounting functions, as well as providing direction to a small finance and payroll team, and ensuring related systems are effectively implemented and maintained.
What you will do
- Oversee finance and payroll systems, processes, procedures and business improvements;
- Ensure payroll and finance processing is timely, accurate and legislatively compliant;
- Prepare monthly profit and loss, balance sheet, and bank reconciliations;
- Prepare Quarterly and annual contract funding expenditure reports;
- Maintain fixed assets registers;
- Prepare monthly journals;
- Assist with the preparation of annual budget forecasts and annual audited accounts; and
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly reports for management and Board, and oversee and delegate payroll and finance reporting requirements.
This role will suit someone with proven experience supervising a small team within finance and/ or payroll functions. You will be a team player, with a collaborative and supportive approach, and a passion for what you do.
- A service focussed approach, with high level interpersonal skills to effectively liaise, negotiate and problem solve effectively;
- An Associate Diploma in Financial Management or Accounting;
- Experience in finance and payroll, involving high level finance and reporting functions;
- Strong understanding of SCHCADS Award, EA’s and legislation as they relate to payroll & finance;
- Experience implementing and maintaining finance and payroll related systems;
- Experience implementing policies, procedures, and process and system improvements;
- A hands on approach, to supporting the immediate and broader team.
Benefits of working for WSSSA
- Salary sacrifice options
- Rewarding work in the community services sector
- On site massage & other wellbeing initiatives
- Bring A Pet to Work Policy
Applications must include a resume and cover letter, briefly addressing the Person Specification within the Position Description, which can be found HERE
- Hold a current full drivers licence
- Current or eligible for DHS Working with Children check and National Police Clearance
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 9 August 2020
WSSSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to building our strengths through a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants, applicants of culturally diverse backgrounds, those with disability, and gender diverse applicants are strongly encouraged apply.