A 12-month contract vacancy exists at our Southern Domestic Violence Service for an experienced Case Manager to start as soon as possible. Working within a small and dedicated team, the key outcomes of this position is to:
- Assist with alleviating the effects of domestic and family violence experienced by women and children through the provision of both crisis intervention and case management services and
- The provision of case management and coordination of support services to at risk families.
The Domestic Violence Case Manager will contribute to the development of coordinated approaches to service delivery across key stakeholders groups and work well within the small and effective team.
Successful applicants will hold a Degree or Diploma in Social Work, Social Sciences, Community Services, Human Services, Health Sciences and /or experience commensurate with the position. You will also have:
- Significant knowledge and experience in the provision of case management responses and casework interventions.
- Sound knowledge and experience in crisis intervention.
- Knowledge of the particular needs of women and children affected by domestic and/or family violence.
- Demonstrated empathy and the ability to build relationships with a diverse range of marginalised and highly vulnerable people including ATSI and CALD.
- Promote and implement quality service responses which are underpinned and informed by Women’s Safety Service SA values and delivery model
This position comes with an attractive package with the ability to salary sacrifice. Will also need to be available for rostered out of hours on call duties.
Interested applicants, please fully address the job and person specification, which is available in the position description provided in the link below and complete an employee declaration. Applicants will be expected to supply a DHS child related employment screening check and a SAPOL national clearance with a minimum of 7 months before expiry.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 9.00 AM Tuesday the 29th January 2019.