Does your partner:
- Put you down or say things to you that make you feel bad?
- Push you around or hit you? Sometimes or often?
- Force or pressure you to have sex?
- Shout at you, threaten you or intimidate you?
- Put you down in front of your family/friends?
- Stop you from seeing family/friends?
- Frequently want to know what you are doing, where you are going and who you’ll be with?
- Control all of the income, refuse to give you money, or enough money, to meet your family’s needs?
- Abuse or threaten to harm your pet(s) to intimidate and control you?
- Blame you for his behaviour?
- Feel frightened or nervous of him?
- Feel like you are walking on eggshells when you are with him?
- Feel scared to disagree with him?
- Often do things to please him rather than to please yourself?
- Feel that nothing you do is ever good enough for him?
- Feel you are responsible for his behaviour?
If you answered yes to any or some of these questions you may be experiencing domestic violence. You may wish to speak to someone about this. You have the right to access information and support that is confidential and respectful. Contact the Women’s Safety Services of SA (1800 800 098) for information and support.