Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme
A request for information can be made by either:
- The person who is feeling unsafe in their relationship or about their former partner, or
- A person concerned about the welfare of someone they know
What information may be disclosed?
Information is gathered from South Australian Police (SAPOL) records, which may include:
- Convictions for relevant offences (including interstate)
- Relevant reports made to police and charges laid
- Current and historical intervention orders
- Breaches of intervention orders
Other information relevant to the safety of the person at risk that police may hold.
You can apply online on SA Police website or in person at your local police station.
The Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme is an early intervention and prevention initiative. It is not an emergency response service.
Dial 000 in an emergency or 131 444 for non-urgent police assistance.